Can't close Microsoft Authenticator even change passwords or remove the APP from microsoft security webpage RRS feed

• Question

• I want to close microsfot authenticator apps notification due to lost my phone. Therefore I changed my passwords and removed APPs from security webpage. But I can still received notification from ipad authenticator apps(that means also showed in my lost phone). I followed all your instructions, but failed. 

• Edited by AndreaChang Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:52 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrea,

Don’t worry, if you had follow those steps to restore multi-factor authentication on all remembered devices, the lost phone received code doesn’t work.

After you restore multi-factor authentication on all remembered, the Authenticator app still show some code on it, but the code doesn’t work, we can’t use that code to login azure. Then we can add account to another phone Authentication App.

If you have questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here.

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jason_ye Friday, February 10, 2017 1:10 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

There can be only one working Authenticator app at the same time. (The latest configuration app will work.)

If your Authenticator app is configured to use “Notify me through app”, after you configure Authenticator app on your ipad, the lost phone will not receive notification, and your ipad will receive notification.

If you still have any questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here.

Best regards,

Jason

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason_ye Monday, February 13, 2017 2:51 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2017 4:13 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

In Microsoft Authenticator app, the settings about personal Microsoft account and work or school account are different. Personal Microsoft account can be added to multiple devices.

If you add your personal Microsoft account to phone and ipad, then want to close the authenticator app, we can use account security page to turn off existing apps, in this way, all existing apps will not receive notification.

Here is the screen about how to turn off existing apps for personal Microsoft accounts:

If you still have any questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here.

Best regards,

Jason

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:49 AM