locked
Only Mobile Links Work for Lists in One Site? RRS feed

  • Question

  • We appear to have an issue that has come up over night.  In only one site within our site collection, we can no longer browse to lists using the standard url (i.e. http://intranet/site/Lists/ListName/allitems.aspx) - this results in a 404 Page Cannot Be Found error.  If I visit the View All Site Content page and click the same list, it is displayed in the browser; however, the url is actually for the mobile view (i.e. http://intranet/site/m/Lists/ListName/allitems.aspx).  From the VASC page I can hover over each of my libraries and lists - library links appear normal, but all list links have the extra "/m" included.  This does not appear to have affected any other sites that I can see at this point.

    We are running MOSS 2007 Standard SP3.  We do not use the mobile views for any of our sites at this time, so I do not know why this change would have happened for any site.  Can anyone shed some light on how the standard views would stop working and the site see the mobile views as the default for all lists?

    Thanks in advance!
    Chanda

    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:36 PM

All replies

  • Somewhat of an update on this.  I decided to open SharePoint Designer to see if anything seemed strange, and sure enough I found that the entire Lists folder under the site in question had been copied/moved to inside the "m" folder.  I moved it back to the site root and now some of my lists are working.  Strangely enough, though, there are some lists in that folder that do not show up on the VASC page at all (they didn't before I moved the Lists folder back, either).  Is there a setting somewhere that determines whether a list is hidden from the VASC page?

    Thanks again!
    Chanda

    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:05 PM
  • When I attempt to view the properties of these "missing/hidden" lists from SPD, I initially get an error message that states the list that is referenced here no longer exists.  I actually get this same message in the browser when I try to go directly to the list URL, but in SPD I can click through the error and view limited properties, and it looks as though the items in the list and the various views/pages are there.  It's almost as thought there are some references to the lists that have been corrupted, I am just not sure where to go from here to find them.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
    Chanda

    P.S. (I would change the title of this to reflect the real problem now, I just do not see a way to do that.)

    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 3:43 PM
  • Chanda,

    Did you ever resolve this issue?  I am currently experiencing the exact same problem and am stumped as to how to fix it.

    Thanks.

    Jon

    Friday, February 24, 2012 9:01 PM
  • Hi Jon,

    The initial issue appeared to be that someone mistakening drug the "Lists" folder for the site in question into the "m" folder via SharePoint Designer (I am assuming because I have no idea of any other way that could have happened).  Once I moved the "Lists" folder back out of "m" to where it belongs, most of the lists worked fine.

    Of the lists that did not work, we ended up having to restore them from a backup because they never worked correctly after the move back (I could never access them via the browser).  I believe that in our case this may have been due to a custom/3rd party column type that we were using in these specific lists as that is the only thing I can find that they have in common.  Seems as though the move corrupted something that wasn't undo-able in just moving the "Lists" folder back as far as these columns were concerned.

    Hope that helps,
    Chanda

    Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:39 PM