Vista Crash? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi it appears my PC might have crashed My Mc Afee wont turn on Firewall. It happened last night the internet connected but was just a black screen. No networking I coulnt even get my help and support. The page would open like the IE but nothing comes up and what was really strange is that there was a text cursor on my yahoo page like microsoft word but with the black screen and when I ran the cursor over the black blank page it seemed to be recognising the information eg I went to trade me I ran the cursor over the blank page and when it found login, I then clicked it and it went to the link. This happened after Id run restore a few times . I also had Yet another cleaner installed and it was recognised  as Malware. Then while trying to load my android tablet I didnt know how to so I went into Add Hardware Device and chose Alcatel Android Device driver thinking that was my tablet. I have since found out how to pug my tablet into my PC which was just to  see all my photos nd clips on the tablet by just turning on storage, anyhow after I had finished putting all my photos on the PC and removing my tablet now I get a message trying to install device and then device driver not found. Then McAfee is on snooze I cannot turn it on.But the box keeps poppjng up "updates have been installed please restart to apply so I have done a couple of times and everytime it starts the same message comes up. There is a whole range of things going wrong with my PC I think I may have deleted a few important files in the panic . I am currently running it in safemode just to find answers from someone. I am afraid to return to normal mode I may not be able to get help again
    • Moved by Karen Hu Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:40 AM vista issue
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:06 AM

All replies

• maybe there is some virus inside this PC, as my experience Cleaner software also will caused registry or software crash, since you able go to safe mode, back up your data and I suggest do in place upgrade or clean install

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2255099/id-id

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:24 AM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:23 AM