none
Task Sequence ID's not working after upgrading MDT deployment share RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    I have an old and a new MDT server. The old one is production with version 8330, and the new one is currently version 8450. When I copy the Deployment share from the old MDT server to the new MDT server it gets upgraded fine. But when I starts a deployment from the new server it doesn't takes the settings from the customsettings.ini. This mean the domain information doesn't get prefilled. 

    First try was with version 8456 on the new server. No go!. 

    secord attempt was with version 8450 as some people on the web wrote that I needed to hits this version first to make sure the Task Sequence templates would work. Well. It still doesn't work. 

    I've made sure the ID's of the task sequences are correct. In the customsettings.ini the priority is: Priority=TaskSequenceID,Default. 

    Is there a special way to upgrade when on version 8330?

    Edit 23-09-2019: 

    I've now also tried making a new tasksequence and editing Customsettings.ini with the new setting. No luck :-/

    When looking at the BDD log file it states: "The file DomainOUList.xml could not be found in any standard locations" Is this file needed since I have declared the MachineObjectOU in the Customsettings.ini?

    Sincerly

    Kim


    Monday, September 23, 2019 9:21 AM

Answers


  • Looks like I found the error. 

    The guy who implemented the MDT in the times had replaced the DeployWiz_SelectTS with the one from the technet gallery. 

    After replacing it the deployment worked like a charm again :-)

    Sincerly

    Kim

    • Marked as answer by Kim Underbjerg Monday, September 23, 2019 12:53 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 12:53 PM

All replies

  • Hello Kim, 

    Before you attempted to use the migrated Task Sequence, You should take care of the few things.

    1. The Task Sequence which you're using,Should have valid path of Operating Systems,Drivers.

    2. if you added any custom steps make sure it's pointing to correct library.

    3. Don't forget to change the share path of Deployment Share in WorkBench as well BootStrap.ini files.

    4. Re-generate the Boot Images completely.

    Thanks!! 

    Monday, September 23, 2019 11:36 AM
  • Hi Jitesh

    All three point is checked and valid. I've also changed all the paths in the customsettings.ini and boottrap.ini.

    /Kim 

    Monday, September 23, 2019 12:26 PM

  • Looks like I found the error. 

    The guy who implemented the MDT in the times had replaced the DeployWiz_SelectTS with the one from the technet gallery. 

    After replacing it the deployment worked like a charm again :-)

    Sincerly

    Kim

    • Marked as answer by Kim Underbjerg Monday, September 23, 2019 12:53 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 12:53 PM