Hyper-V Cluster Shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

in 2 days we got the Problem, that our power gets complete shut down for multiple Hours.

We have two Hyper-V Hosts which are clustered. its all win 2012R2

How can i completely shut them down?

And what happens when the hyper-V hosts are domain Members and the DC is a Role of the Hyper-V

thanks a lot

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:11 PM

All replies

• First of all I would check that you have configured the Automatic Start Action for you domain controllers, they should start automatically when you start the host back again. To shutdown your cluster, I would first pause one of the hosts and turn it off. Then shutdown your VM's, and the last host. 

When maintenance is done, start the hyper-v host that you shutdown last and check if VM's started. Once done, start the second Hyper-V host, resume cluster service and move all VM's to that host. As a best practise I would recommend restarting the primary host (the host that you started first) so it will authenticate correctly with Domain Controllers. 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 3:54 PM