Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\81\'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a web application on port 81.

It has some custom developed web parts etc.. on it.

Everthing was working fine until this morning. Now when I open the site, I see 

"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\81\'....

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\81\'."  error

The weird thing is that some users(users with less permissions) can open the pages without error.

What could be the problem?

Monday, January 3, 2011 8:07 AM

Answers

• I have found out that a document library has to be automatically created at the start of each year. (custom application)

I created it manually from the last year's library template and my problem is solved. This error occurred because of customizations..

ceren
    • Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:12 AM
    • Edited by ova c Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:16 AM correction
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can offer some couple of points and you need to check them

1. Are you using any customization in your application (Custom webpart / workflow etc)?

2. Can you check the SP log (12 hive folder) for more information about this error

3. Also make below changes in your web.config file

a. Open up your sites web.config, and make the standard custom errors edit. You want it to be < customerrors mode="Off"/>
    b. Then, Search for the CallStack="false" and change it to CallStack="true", you should find this in the "<safemode>" node.

Let us know your result

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Monday, January 3, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I guess your computer may update itself by default recently leading to lose or replace some files.
    please refer to this link about SharePoint Installation, and check out carefully:
    http://qlikwebworkbench.com/docs/8.2/(S(bwyinmj5lknia0vc5qj5e255))/Print.aspx?Page=SharepontInstallation&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
    I hope it can help you a little.

Best regards,
    David Hu

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:32 AM
  • I have found out that a document library has to be automatically created at the start of each year. (custom application)

I created it manually from the last year's library template and my problem is solved. This error occurred because of customizations..

ceren
    • Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:12 AM
    • Edited by ova c Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:16 AM correction
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:08 AM