NAP balloon customization? RRS feed

• Question

• With UAG, Directaccess and NAP - is it now possible to customize the "Ballon message" further? Size, position and content?

I'm not thinking about the NAP-statuspage (more information) you get when you click the balloon - but rather the ballon itself.

Sincerly, Jon E. Carlsen
    Monday, June 21, 2010 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

I got the answer - unfortunately, for a number of reasons, you really can't do this.

HTH,

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

Not sure. I'll see if I can find out.

Thanks!

Tom

Monday, June 21, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Hi Jon,

I got the answer - unfortunately, for a number of reasons, you really can't do this.

HTH,

Tom

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Thank you, Thomas.

A rumour reached me from TechEd 2010 New Orleans indicated otherwise, that this was possible.
    You've confirmed that this was just a misintepretation.

I'm someone considers this as a feature for later:
    - Quite a few users "ignore" the balloons, for a very critical Health-state, "Remediation". The users asks themselves "why doesn't my services to the LAN/WAN work?".
    Unfortunatly - if they dont spot or react to the balloon, this info may not be available to them. This is happening quite often for users who skip their "internal training".

Possibly enhancing the look/size/posisiton or repetitions of the baloon may attract their attention sufficient for them to click on it.

Thank you. :)

Sincerly, Jon E. Carlsen
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:44 AM
  • Hi Jon,

You bet! Those are some good ideas and we'll consider them.

Thanks!

Tom

Monday, June 28, 2010 11:40 PM