wireless settings tick box RRS feed

• Question

• I've used PowerShell to tick or un-tick a check box on active directory objects.   but I was asked to tick a checkbox for a wireless setting and I'm not sure how to find this property.

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage wireless networks > OurWireless Properties (right click) > Security > Settings (next to “Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP).      We need to turn on the AddTrust external ca root.       

I've run a command or two but I have not found this property.   

get-wmiobject win32_networkadapter | select netconnectionid, name, InterfaceIndex, netconnectionstatus

does not show me the name of our wireless network.     Where is this setting?

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you asking how to set up a wireless connection?

You can use NETSH for that: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755301%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:07 PM
  • No, I was wondering what PowerShell command I run that would show me the status of this tick-box.   Is it on/off?

thanks.  

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:51 PM
  • help Get-WifiProfile -full

https://github.com/jcwalker/WiFiProfileManagement

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by bellmonster Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Hello.  I have no such command.  I am running Power 5.0 on a Windows 7 x64 system.   

I ran get-help *profile* and it returned these

New-CMWiredProfileObject                                                        
    New-CMWirelessProfileObject                                                       
    Get-CMCertificateProfileScep                                                       
    Get-CMCertificateProfilePfx                                                        
    Get-CMCertificateProfileTruste                                                       
    Get-CMClientAuthCertificatePro                                                       
    Get-CMRemoteConnectionProfileC                                                       
    Get-CMUserDataAndProfileConfig                                                       
    Get-CMVpnProfileConfigurationItem                                                       
    Get-CMWirelessProfileConfigura                                                       
    Get-CMEmailProfile                                                       
    about_Profiles 

I ran get-help *wifi* and it returned nothing.

I then ran help Get-WifiProfile -full on a 2012 Server and it again does not find the command.  

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:26 PM
  • I posted the link to the module above.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:27 PM
  • sorry, I missed that.  thank you

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:21 PM