Lots of problems with 10586 RRS feed

• Question

• Upgrading from 10240 to 10586 might have been the worst thing I could have done. The computer (MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro laptop) worked fine on the 10240 version, now I just have to go back to Windows 8.1. I have problems with my graphics driver crashing constantly (Intel HD Graphics 4600). My other Graphics card (nVidia GeForce 860M) seems to work fine. I develop universal apps in Visual Studio 2015 and the designer crasches the whole time, the emulators for phones are crashing on startup. It doesnt seem possible to be a Hyper-V administrator as the group does not exist after installing all the Hyper-V features. My wifi is unstable from time to time, my start menu behaves weirdly. You shouldnt have released a version of the OS in this horrible state!
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:09 PM

Answers

• Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM  if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Hi mattias,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused by the Windows 10 update 10586.

So what is the current situation, are you running Windows 8.1 now?

If we are still running Windows 10 1511 build 10586, then:

For the video driver, if available, please consider take use of the other available ones, and disable the Intel HD temporarily. There should be updates available soon.

For the designer crashes, there should be Event logs logged under Event Viewer, we may take a look at that first.

For the other issues related with Start Menu, please consider verify under a new account;

For Hyper-V, boot into BIOS and check if the Virtual technology turned off there.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 11, 2015 8:03 AM

All replies

• Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM  if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Hi mattias,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused by the Windows 10 update 10586.

So what is the current situation, are you running Windows 8.1 now?

If we are still running Windows 10 1511 build 10586, then:

For the video driver, if available, please consider take use of the other available ones, and disable the Intel HD temporarily. There should be updates available soon.

For the designer crashes, there should be Event logs logged under Event Viewer, we may take a look at that first.

For the other issues related with Start Menu, please consider verify under a new account;

For Hyper-V, boot into BIOS and check if the Virtual technology turned off there.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 11, 2015 8:03 AM
  •  now I just have to go back to Windows 8.1.

Just curious.......

Why do you have to go back to 8.1

Can't you just go back to 10240 ?

Is 30 days already over ?

You have deleted windows.old ?

• Edited by david hk129 Friday, December 11, 2015 11:32 AM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Tell me about it.  I have given up trying to write Universal Apps or Phone apps because those modules just fail with errors.  Now, with the December Windows Update, it just broke Nuget, Windows Photos and calculator  *sigh*

Friday, December 11, 2015 3:04 PM