none
BDD log reports "Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005" but all is well RRS feed

  • Question

  • The Setup:

    Windows 2008 R2 system running MDT2013 Update 1,adk 10, deploying Windows 10 enterprise from our MSDN account.

    Completes the installation (reaches the last step) then reports an error:

    <![LOG[Event 41001 sent: ZTIApplyGPOPack processing completed successfully.]LOG]!><time="13:48:11.000+000" date="08-27-2015" component="ZTIApplyGPOPack" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIApplyGPOPack">
    <![LOG[Command completed, return code = -2147467259]LOG]!><time="13:48:14.000+000" date="08-27-2015" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LiteTouch">
    <![LOG[Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005]LOG]!><time="13:48:14.000+000" date="08-27-2015" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="3" thread="" file="LiteTouch">
    <![LOG[No NAA credentials specified. Using default.]LOG]!><time="13:48:14.000+000" date="08-27-2015" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LiteTouch">
    <![LOG[About to execute web service call using method GET to http://filesrv1:9800/MDTMonitorEvent/PostEvent?uniqueID=4171ef6c-dca9-425d-9ab7-596dd4e1fe21&computerName=VMIT4D&messageID=41014&severity=3&stepName=&currentStep=0&totalSteps=0&id=7FD39FD5-CD06-5F44-9470-D21D57F28723,08:00:27:CE:03:B5&message=Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005&dartIP=10.10.10.156&dartPort=49415&dartTicket=604-888-786&vmHost=&vmName=]LOG]!><time="13:48:14.000+000" date="08-27-2015" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LiteTouch">
    <![LOG[ --Attempt #1]LOG]!><time="13:48:14.000+000" date="08-27-2015" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LiteTouch">

    So ZTIApplyGPOPack successfully completed with an error? Oxymoron

    Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:20 PM

All replies

  • Can you post the whole log.  There is context that can only be gotten from earlier.

    Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

    Friday, August 28, 2015 4:06 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Ty,

    Here is the whole BDD.log


    Friday, August 28, 2015 10:33 AM
  • That is strange.  Did you create a GPOPack for Windows 10 to install?  Do you have any settings around GPOPack? 

    Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

    Friday, August 28, 2015 3:44 PM
    Moderator
  • I never have. Not for 10, 7 or 8.1. I had to look that up to find out what that even is. I noticed it's using the LocalGPO software that I've deployed LocalGPO by hand (but only for my DMZ servers).

    On to this issue:

    To test out my recent MDT2013 Update 1 was successful I deployed our older Windows 7 enterprise task sequence, which was successful (with a deprecated warning about a Task variable regarding freespace, which I have to fix).

    Reviewing the Windows 10 task sequence I see the "Apply Local GPO Package" is enabled, without Continue on error, and set to only run if ApplyGPOPack not equals NO. That said looking in the VARIABLES.save file doesn't have that Variable set.

    I compared this to my Windows 7 task sequence and they are identical. The Windows 7 variables.save also doesn't have the ApplyGPOPack variable listed.

    Friday, August 28, 2015 4:24 PM
  • This is worthwhile to file on connect.  Since you aren't using GPOPacks just disable the step in your TS.

    Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

    Friday, August 28, 2015 8:18 PM
    Moderator
  • IF you are getting an error from MDT ( 0x80004005 ), and the BDD.log file does not reveal any information, then this is the time that *normally* I would recommend looking at the smsts.log file. It's entirely possible that the ApplyGPOPack step is *NOT* the actual problem but a red herring, and one of the other steps is the actual problem.

    HOWEVER, due to my UberBug03: https://keithga.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/mdt-2013-uberbug03-less-logging-is-not-better/  You're in deep trouble. because it's now difficult to determine which step actually caused the problem in MDT 2013 Update 1. Additionally, the MDT team has not committed to fixing this bug in the update for Sept 2013.

    Please go to https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/feedback/details/1684499/mdt-task-sequence-fails-to-log-steps-and-results to if you are blocked by this, or open a case with Microsoft Support.


    Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

    Monday, August 31, 2015 4:14 AM
    Moderator