Windows 10 Technical Preview for "Enterprise"? RRS feed

• Question

• What's different between "Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise" and "Windows 10 Technical Preview"
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:55 AM

Answers

• There are features that Windows has built specifically for Enterprise use that only work between servers and desktops that are running the Enterprise level OS.  The Technical Preview (Professional equivalent I'm assuming), won't actually support those features. 

Examples of these features would be BranchCache, Direct Access, and App Locker.

I hope this helps, please mark this as the answer if it does.

Friday, October 3, 2014 3:31 PM

All replies

•  Surprise, surprise, the Enterprise version is the trial of Windows 10 Enterprise version. If you have never heard of it, bing or google Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Bill

Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:46 AM
  • from what I understand the enterprise edition has IIS and Services for NFS (Administrative Tools and Client for NFS) installed as default.

no doubt there are other features included other than the usual pro vs enterprise differences.

Friday, October 3, 2014 3:24 PM
  • There are features that Windows has built specifically for Enterprise use that only work between servers and desktops that are running the Enterprise level OS.  The Technical Preview (Professional equivalent I'm assuming), won't actually support those features. 

Examples of these features would be BranchCache, Direct Access, and App Locker.

I hope this helps, please mark this as the answer if it does.

Friday, October 3, 2014 3:31 PM
  • I know for sure that Direct Access, App Locker and Branch Cache are not supported on the non-enterprise edition.

The technical preview for Enterprises is also intended for testing by enterprise customers whereas the non-enterprise version is available to consumers and intended for consumers who are "technically savvy"

Friday, October 3, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Hi guys,

this might sound stupid, but how do I see if I have the Enterprise Technical Preview or the other one installed? I'm pretty sure I downloaded and installed the enterprise version, but I can't find any proof within the system itself? The System Information just says "Windows Technical Preview".

Thanks

Stefan

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:12 PM
  • Hi guys,

this might sound stupid, but how do I see if I have the Enterprise Technical Preview or the other one installed? I'm pretty sure I downloaded and installed the enterprise version, but I can't find any proof within the system itself? The System Information just says "Windows Technical Preview".

Thanks

Stefan

Something like this but correct the path;

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:E:\Recovery\install.wim

If it doesn't say enterprise, its not.

Seems there are three installs that's ive seen.

Windows Technical Preview

Windows Technical Preview for Consumer

Windows Technical Preview for Enterprise

• Edited by 'Mike P Friday, October 17, 2014 3:46 PM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 3:41 PM
  • Hi guys,

Thanks

Stefan

Something like this but correct the path;

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:E:\Recovery\install.wim

If it doesn't say enterprise, its not.

Seems there are three installs that's ive seen.

Windows Technical Preview

Windows Technical Preview for Consumer

Windows Technical Preview for Enterprise

Thanks Mike, i no found out that i did not had the Enterprise Edition. Downloaded it now and even in Computer Information it says Enterprise now. Thank you.
    Monday, October 20, 2014 7:06 AM