program for windows 7 to look like windows xp RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a program out there to make windows 7 look and feel like windows XP?  I have a hard time trying to figure out the new screens and icons.  Looks and feels like Vista and I hate it.  Tried google, but  I couldn't find any.
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:13 PM

Answers

• The Start menu has been changed since Windows Vista. In Windows 7 RC the "Classic start menu" option is no longer present. From Windows XP to Windows Vista and Windows 7 RC, it is a stage by stage of transition. I suggest that Windows 7 users try to suit new features and desktop shells such as Start menu. No third party publishers are granted to release programs to change Windows 7 systems' features.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, July 24, 2009 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:07 AM

All replies

• Windows 7 RC is still Farly new and there are no other Theme programs as of yet for this OS that i could find. Give it some time I'm sure your not the only one wanting to use the XP Look and feel, And I'm sure Application Developers are working on Theme programs for W7. :)

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech
    My Hardware:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Monday, July 20, 2009 1:54 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:53 AM
  • The Start menu has been changed since Windows Vista. In Windows 7 RC the "Classic start menu" option is no longer present. From Windows XP to Windows Vista and Windows 7 RC, it is a stage by stage of transition. I suggest that Windows 7 users try to suit new features and desktop shells such as Start menu. No third party publishers are granted to release programs to change Windows 7 systems' features.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, July 24, 2009 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:07 AM
  • Is there a program out there to make windows 7 look and feel like windows XP?  I have a hard time trying to figure out the new screens and icons.  Looks and feels like Vista and I hate it.  Tried google, but  I couldn't find any.

Then stay with XP.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:27 AM
  • There are easy ways to make it operate more like xp and this could make sense if you prefer how xp operates but like the faster performance of 7.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:40 AM