call answering rules - unconditional forward RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Tell me how to set up the unconditional (now, no answer) call forwarding rules in the ECP: phone - voice mail - call answering rules?
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi

Maybe this helps:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150478(v=exchg.150).aspx

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:33 AM
  • Are you trying to do this administratively on behalf of users?  Or are you asking for a user guide to show them how to create rules?  What should the experience be for the caller?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:39 PM
  • I'm trying to set up call forwarding to my voice mailbox.
    I want to redirect to a particular phone, and immediately (without attendant greetings)
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:10 AM
  • So once the phone is redirected to voicemail, you don't want to play the greeting, just beep and record?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:18 PM
  • I'm trying to set up call forwarding to my voice mailbox.
    I want to redirect to a particular phone, and immediately (without attendant greetings)

This would normally be done on the phone system and not in Exchange. It's not possible with call conditional rules. The closest you could come to would be an auto attendant (configured by system admin) that transfers to an extension after timeout, which would take several seconds. So you could say something like "Transfering..please wait"...and after several seconds of silence, it would transfer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:57 PM