Help creating a subscription that will send an email to a Affected user if the Effected user has been changed. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok let me start by explaining why I need this. On occasion a user will email a analyst directly and not submit a request like they are supposed to. The Analyst then forwards this email to SM which creates the Incident with the analyst as the Affected user. The Analyst then receives the Incident Created email that we have setup. Then the Analyst will go in the SM console and change the Affected user from them selves to the correct user. The actual user now does not receive an "Incident created" email since it was already sent to the analyst.

I want to create a new Subscription that will email the new Affected user when the Affected user is changed. I tried to do this by creating a when an object of the selected class is updates, Incident class and setting the addition criteria to changed from blank since there is no Affected user option. Then Changed To Affected User Username is not empty.

The problem with this is that it will send the email when anything has been changed in the incident and not just the Affected user. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers