SP 2007 - Sites are loading very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a Sharepoint 2007 environment with 5 WFEs. Last 1 week, Sites are loading very slow. We did not have this latency before

Note:

No changes rolled out in the last few months

Troubleshooting:

Forced WFE one by one to see if there is any offending WFE - All of them are reporting issues

Using Chrome Developer tools-> Time to First byte(TTFB) is more while accessing the Sharepoint 2007 site. Some thing is wrong while receiving response back from Server to browser client.

SQL Server - SQL Browser, SQL Services are up and running

TCP/IP - Settings were verified

In the Event Viewer - I found a warning message "Anetwork-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"  ----but SQL connection is being made and we are getting the data loaded but it is low.

Tried resetting IIS and restarting SP Admin service and SP Timer service as well - No luck.

Tried rebooting the SQL Server but no luck with the latency

Please help me with your expert inputs.

Many thanks

Venkat

Venkatesan Nadimuthu

Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try enabling Named Pipes and TCP/IP in the SQL Server Native Client Network Utility.

Run -> CLICONFG

Hope this helps:)

Monday, September 28, 2015 4:37 AM
  • Hi Reema,

Thanks for your response.

This is our prod environment. I do not see SQL Server Native Client Network Utility enabled in our other Sharepoint environments . is this a recommended solution?

Venkatesan Nadimuthu

Monday, September 28, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Hi Reema,

Named Pipes and TCP/IP in the SQL Server is enabled

Any other Recommendations please?

Venkatesan Nadimuthu

Thursday, October 1, 2015 1:59 PM