none
Vista CBS Log Issues

Question

• Hi there,

Please could someone help me to decipher the CBS logs for both of my Vista machines and tell me how to resolve the issues highlighted in each log.

Vista 1 machine has Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 installed and was set up in the following way:

• Installed Vista Ultimate SP1 from DVD
    • Applied all important, optional and recommended updates through Microsoft Update
    • Applied SP2 through Microsoft Update afterwards
    • Applied all important, optional and recommended updates through Microsoft Update after that

Vista 2 machine has Vista Ultimate x86 SP2 installed and was set up in the following way:

• Installed Vista Ultimate SP1 from DVD
    • Applied all important, optional and recommended updates through Microsoft Update
    • Installed SP2 in all ways and had no success in which I first used the System Readiness Tool followed by the Corrupt Language Pack fix, no issues were found but had to reinstall OS in order to reactivate Windows again
    • Reinstalled Vista Ultimate SP1 from DVD
    • Installed SP2 using download from Microsoft website not through Microsoft Update and this time it worked

I've been searching Google for months on how to resolve the issues highlighted in the CBS logs but got too mesmerized and decided to consult you on how to resolve the issues. I forgot to also mention that 11 Windows updates wouldn't apply through Microsoft Update on both machines and had to apply them manually in which they worked.

Lastly please could you provide me a link to upload the CBS logs.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:40 AM

Answers

All replies