none
Interaction of personal Pay-As-You-Go alongside Enterprise account? RRS feed

• Question

• I work in BI and our department has an enterprise Azure account. While logged into my work account, I would like to setup a separate pay-as-you-go alongside so that I can have all my resources in one place and become more familiar with Azure resources while not billing it to my company.

I was prompted to ask as I was in the process of deploying a SQL db under a PAYG and noticed that I could see tags from my unit. Can they see my activity if I am simply logged in to my work account?

Thank you!

Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:54 PM

All replies

• Do you have 2 subscriptions in account? One for company and another one created by you as PAYG type?

It's better to have your own account as separate using personal email address. It helps when you leave company and avoid problems that you have now.

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:37 AM
  • As mentioned by Vaibhav in the previous post, it is recommended to manage your personal subscription using your personal email account and company subscription using work account. Because if you manage both the subscriptions using work account and if your company decides to explicitly create a user and grant access to top-level management group AKA "Root Management Group" the user would have access to see all the subscriptions tied to the company tenant, that way the user would have access to manage your subscription(PAYG) as well. Reference link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/governance/management-groups/overview#root-management-group-for-each-directory

Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:06 AM