none
Office 365 Migartion to Exchange On prem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

Please  Migrate back  office 365 to Exchange 2010 I know how to migrate but I don't know what is the dns Record because it will take a time to do the migration for all users .

please if anyone can help in detiles what is the record  has to be add .

regards. 

Thursday, November 9, 2017 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

---> "but I don't know what is the dns Record"
    Which DNS record do you mean?

We can leave current DNS record if it's a hybrid environment, and ensure the Outlook Anywhere and Autodiscover is working fine for On-premise Exchange.

As above mentioned, we need deploy hybrid environment so that we can start to Offboarding mailboxes back to on-premises Exchange from Office 365.

Before moving mailbox, please ensure there's a valid on-premise object for Exchange Online mailbox.
    If not, we need manually create one and use Exchange GUID to associate them.

More information about it, for your reference: Office 365 - Move a cloud Exchange user back to on-premises

Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 11:06 AM

All replies

• Do you have a hybrid configuration?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, November 9, 2017 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

---> "but I don't know what is the dns Record"
    Which DNS record do you mean?

We can leave current DNS record if it's a hybrid environment, and ensure the Outlook Anywhere and Autodiscover is working fine for On-premise Exchange.

As above mentioned, we need deploy hybrid environment so that we can start to Offboarding mailboxes back to on-premises Exchange from Office 365.

Before moving mailbox, please ensure there's a valid on-premise object for Exchange Online mailbox.
    If not, we need manually create one and use Exchange GUID to associate them.

More information about it, for your reference: Office 365 - Move a cloud Exchange user back to on-premises

Regards,
    Allen Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 11:06 AM
  • Thank you .

Yes I have.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:34 AM
  • Thanks .

I mark it as answer .

can you please till me how we level DNS record , so I can assure that auto deescover is working fine for on prem. 

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:36 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for spelling mistake. We need leave autodsicover record to point to local Exchange.
    Other prerequisites for hybrid deployment, for your reference: Hybrid deployment prerequisites

Regards,
    Allen Wang

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:42 AM