1E WakeUP 5.5 and Configuration Manager issues RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone installed 1E WakeUp 5.5 and had issues with the WakeUp server service and being able to access the Configuration Manager database.   I installed this a couple of months ago and had some reports that the 1E server service needs a restart every now and then due to an unexpected stop, which today ended up with not being able to access the configuration manager database via the console even though all seemed to be working.  The eventual fix was to uninstall and reinstall 1E wakeup on the server.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:37 PM

Answers

• I'm a 1E pre-sales engineer (and SMS/CfgMgr MVP) and work with this configuration daily. I've worked with a LOT of pre- and post-sales customers around installing, configuring and operating the product, both in SMS and CfgMgr space. I'm also a former SMS Admin and used WakeUp as far back as ver 2.0.

Having said that, I must say I have never seen or heard of this particular issue. I have also found that the uninstall/reinstall process you describe is (and has been for years) probably THE most effective means of problem resolution. The WakeUp server side component is very unobtrusive, and easily ripped and replaced, no reboots required, and so on.

Lastly I'd ask if you had a chance to pass this issue on to our Support team? It is this type of reporting that alerts us to a possible problem heretofor unseen in the product, or alternatively may provide you with a quick and simple fix if we've encountered the problem elsewhers, and so on.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:50 PM

All replies

• I'm a 1E pre-sales engineer (and SMS/CfgMgr MVP) and work with this configuration daily. I've worked with a LOT of pre- and post-sales customers around installing, configuring and operating the product, both in SMS and CfgMgr space. I'm also a former SMS Admin and used WakeUp as far back as ver 2.0.

Having said that, I must say I have never seen or heard of this particular issue. I have also found that the uninstall/reinstall process you describe is (and has been for years) probably THE most effective means of problem resolution. The WakeUp server side component is very unobtrusive, and easily ripped and replaced, no reboots required, and so on.

Lastly I'd ask if you had a chance to pass this issue on to our Support team? It is this type of reporting that alerts us to a possible problem heretofor unseen in the product, or alternatively may provide you with a quick and simple fix if we've encountered the problem elsewhers, and so on.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:11 PM