Hide Links from Site Settings page based on custom permission level. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement in my project where I need to hide few links from Site Settings page (i.e. Manage Site Features, Delete Site) based on custom permission level. I know using features we can hide these links but my problem is I want to hide these links to a specific user group not for all.

Pls help me intial pointers for this or if there is a walk-through for the same. Thanks!

-Bhanu Singh

• Edited by Singh Bhanu Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:08 AM added details
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:05 AM

Answers

• the customaction element used to create such links as a rights attribute. this shohuld do the trick for you

Rights

Optional Text. Specifies a set of rights that the user must have for the link to be visible, for example, "ViewListItems,ManageAlerts". If it is not specified, the action always appears in the list of actions. To specify multiple rights, separate the values by using commas. The set of rights are grouped logically according to AND logic, which means that a user must have all the specified rights to see an action. For a list of possible values, see Microsoft.SharePoint.SPBasePermissions

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms460194.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Varun Malhotra Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, March 9, 2012 9:37 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:31 AM

All replies

• the customaction element used to create such links as a rights attribute. this shohuld do the trick for you

Rights

Optional Text. Specifies a set of rights that the user must have for the link to be visible, for example, "ViewListItems,ManageAlerts". If it is not specified, the action always appears in the list of actions. To specify multiple rights, separate the values by using commas. The set of rights are grouped logically according to AND logic, which means that a user must have all the specified rights to see an action. For a list of possible values, see Microsoft.SharePoint.SPBasePermissions

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms460194.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Varun Malhotra Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, March 9, 2012 9:37 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:31 AM
  • Thanks for reply. I'll give it a try and share my result. Thanks!

-Bhanu Singh

Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:07 AM