Transfer files to external skype user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to enable my internal SFB users, to send files to external skype users?

Thanks

Rodrigo Daphanis

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your response.

So far, file transfer between Skype for Business and Skype consumer clients is not available. You can use Instant Messaging, Presence, Audio and Video calls only.

File transfer is available between Skype for Business / Lync client only. 

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Rodrigo,

Which problem do you have?

I normally use SFB and I can send files to any type of skype users.

Regards,

Dan Belmonte

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Hi Rodrigo,

You need a Edge server for external access en also the policy must allow to transfer files. Check also your firewall for the required ports that are needed to transfer files.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:34 PM
  • Hi Dan,

When I try to send file to skype user a get a error. 
    And user on skype do not appear to them the option to attach files.

My edge server I allowed all ports to test and I still having the same error. Do you know if I need to set any policy?

Print of my policy:

Rodrigo Daphanis

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:26 PM
  • Hi,

Can you check in Control panel under IM and Presence if there is a file filter activated to block specific or all files ?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg521017(v=ocs.15).aspx

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Hi Rodrigo Daphanis,

For the issue, I want to confirm with you, did you mean you can’t send files to external SFB users or can’t send files to consumer skype users?

When you try to send files, what error message did you receive?

By default, the following types of files can’t be transferred in Skype for Business IMs:
    .ade, .adp, .app, .asp, .bas, .bat, .cer, .chm, .cmd, .com, .cpl, .crt, .csh, .exe, .fxp, .grp, .hlp, .hta, .inf, .ins, .isp, .its, .js, .jse, .ksh, .lnk, .mad, .maf, .mag, .mam, .maq, .mar, .mas, .mat, .mau, .mav, .maw, .mda, .mdb, .mde, .mdt, .mdw, .mdz, .msc, .msi, .msp, .mst, .ocx, .ops, .pcd, .pif, .pl, .pnp, .prf, .prg, .pst, .reg, .scf, .scr, .sct, .shb, .shs, .tmp, .url, .vb, .vbe, .vbs, .vsd, .vsmacros, .vss, .vst, .vsw, .ws, .wsc, .wsf, .wsh

For this issue, please check if specific user had the issue.

If specific user had the issue, please try to rebuild user profile then test again.

If all users had the issue, please check if there are any event ID in you SFB server side.

Please also try to telnet port 5061 make sure this port is open.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

I can not send to consumer skype users, and I tried to send txt and pdf which is not blocking on my filter.

Thanks 

Rodrigo Daphanis

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:52 PM
  • Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your response.

So far, file transfer between Skype for Business and Skype consumer clients is not available. You can use Instant Messaging, Presence, Audio and Video calls only.

File transfer is available between Skype for Business / Lync client only. 

Regards,

Alice Wang

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:13 AM
  • Thanks!!!

Rodrigo Daphanis

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:58 AM
  • You are welcome, I am glad to help you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:31 AM