none
Removing old instance and reinstalling RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to uninstall a previous installation of SQL server without success.  I have tried to uninstall every mention of SQL on my machine and they are all still visible in the App & Features menu.  I have tried to repair the program and overwrite with a new installation but nothing seems to work.
    Saturday, February 15, 2020 3:32 AM

All replies

• I have been trying to uninstall a previous installation of SQL server without success.  I have tried to uninstall every mention of SQL on my machine and they are all still visible in the App & Features menu.  I have tried to repair the program and overwrite with a new installation but nothing seems to work.

If uninstall went without error, they still might be visible but that does not mean that the files are still present. Can you run discovery report and post output here.

This should be better handled by Microsoft just so that people do not confuse themselves.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:34 AM
  • icrosoft SQL Server 2017 Setup Discovery Report

Product Instance Instance ID Feature Language Edition Version Clustered Configured
    None None None None None None None None None
    Saturday, February 15, 2020 9:10 AM
  • icrosoft SQL Server 2017 Setup Discovery Report

Product Instance Instance ID Feature Language Edition Version Clustered Configured
    None None None None None None None None None
    Rest assured there is NO instance of SQL Server out their, what you are seeing is just the icons or options their, and do not be bothered about it. As i said MS should be little more cautious on this and remove the options as well

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

9 hours 35 minutes ago