Linking an email on a Calendar Appointment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am managing 7 or 8 departamental agendas with appointments generally created via an email (with heavy attachments) that I copy to all calendars.

I need the email (with attachments) attached to the appointment so that everybody in this group can have context on the meeting. The problem is that this causes performance problems :-(

I was wondering if, instead of the email, I could have a link to the email so that all the people could have access to it from the appointment they have on their agendas, without burdening the system.

* Is there a way to do it?

* If not, is there a better way to achieve the same purpose without extra work (and without the performance penalty)?

Thanks/Brgds

j

Friday, March 2, 2018 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Joao,

As far as I know, I am afraid it is not feasible to attach a link rather the email itself to an calendar appointment using the built-in features in Outlook. 

An workaround I can think of is that you may consider saving attachments in web locations like OneDrive, then send a link to the OneDrive file when composing the email. This can keep the size of your email message small:

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:54 AM