AA not accepting Exchange 2010 user extension. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

So I'm starting an Exchange 2010 -> 2013 migration and I'm stuck right out the gate. Server stood up and installed fine. Tested migrating a few test mailboxes and everything was good there. The next part was testing UM.

Currently, I've got a simple 1x Lync 2010 w/ 1x Exchange 2010 UM setup. When I add the Exchange 2013 server to the existing dial plan and restart the Lync FE service, it starts sending calls to the 2013 box which is fine. I'm able to access extensions via the AA that exist on the 2013 box. When I put an extension in for someone that is still on the 2010 box it errors out, telling me the user's mailbox is unavailable right now. What's interesting is, in the event log on the Exchange 2013 server I see the following:

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  MSExchange Unified Messaging 

- EventID 1079 

[ Qualifiers]  32772 

Level 3 

Task 2 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2014-04-13T19:18:50.000000000Z 

EventRecordID 62016 

Channel Application 

Computer Exchange2013 

Security 

- EventData 

The VoIP platform encountered an exception Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCommon.UMGrayException: A non-fatal exception occurred. For details, please see the inner exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid Uri: parsing error; suspect character: ' '
    Parameter name: value ---> Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Sip.SipException: Invalid Uri: parsing error; suspect character: ' '
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Sip.SipUri.ParseUriString()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipUriParser..ctor(String value)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace: 
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipUriParser..ctor(String value)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaPlatform.CreateSipUri(String uri)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.ReferredByHeaderHandler.FrameHeader(Hashtable paramsToBeAdded)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.GlobalActivityManager.ValidateMailboxIsSubscriber(BaseUMCallSession vo)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.GlobalActivityManager.ExecuteAction(String action, BaseUMCallSession vo)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.FsmAction.Execute(ActivityManager m, BaseUMCallSession vo)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.HeavyBlockingOperation.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.HeavyBlockingOperationSessionState.<>c__DisplayClass23.<.ctor>b__21()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.HeavyBlockingOperationSessionState.HboDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.HeavyBlockingOperationSessionState.EndOperation(IAsyncResult r)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.SubscriptionHelper.<>c__DisplayClass67`1.<>c__DisplayClass6a.<WrapCallback>b__66()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.<>c__DisplayClassf.<CatchAndFireOnError>b__b()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(TryDelegate tryDelegate, FilterDelegate filterDelegate, CatchDelegate catchDelegate)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCommon.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionCatcher(Object exception)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(TryDelegate tryDelegate, FilterDelegate filterDelegate, CatchDelegate catchDelegate)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.CatchAndFireOnError(UserCodeDelegate function) during the call with ID "faa22259-2e58-4ad5-980a-75c098c0fdde". This exception occurred at the Microsoft Exchange Speech Engine VoIP platform during an event-based asynchronous operation submitted by the server. The server will attempt to recover from this exception. If this warning occurs frequently, contact Microsoft Product Support.

If I pull the 2013 box back out of the dial plan and restart the Lync FE service, calls go back to the Exchange 2010 box and I'm able to access their mailboxes again. Everything else works fine when the 2013 box is in the dialplan. If I call a user's extension and it rings and rings, it'll send me to their voice mail. Its only the AA that's broken. I'm stumped.

Any insight would be a great help!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:29 PM

All replies

• No thoughts on this one?

It seems like the Exchange 2013 AA doesn't know anything about Exchange 2010 users.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Playing around some more... I noticed that I also get another error:

- System
    - Provider
    [
    Name]
    MSExchange
    Common
    - EventID 4999
    [
    Qualifiers]
    Level 2
    Task 1
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [
    SystemTime]
    2014-04-15T14:19:51.000000000Z
    EventRecordID 85524
    Channel Application
    Computer Exchange2013
    Security
    - EventData
    E12IIS
    c-RTL-AMD64
    UMworkerprocess
    SIPEPS
    M.R.I.S.SipUri.ParseUriString
    System.ArgumentException
    15d0
    False
    False
    UMworkerprocess

Watson report about to be sent for process id: 2520, with parameters: E12IIS, c-RTL-AMD64, 15.00.0847.032, UMworkerprocess, SIPEPS, M.R.I.S.SipUri.ParseUriString, System.ArgumentException, 15d0, 05.00.8308.000.

ErrorReportingEnabled: False

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:21 PM
  • Hmm... alright. Some more digging.

From inside (at my desk), I can call the Attendant and it knows its me so it greets me and asks for a pin. I then hit * and put in someone else's extension and it sends me to their mailbox. Success.

If I call from the outside, I'm obviously unauthenticated so it the AA just asks for an extension of the person. I put that in and then I get the "The user mailbox is currently unavailable" and the event logged above. I

'm wondering if its an authenticated user issue.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:35 PM