How to configure mail alert on system center advisor RRS feed

• Question

• I have a subscription to the service cloud system center advisor.
    The service works fine, but I can not understand how it is managed system alerting.

I was able to activate an option that allows the sending weekly emails containing the summary of all the events generated.
    Is there a way to make sure that the email is sent every time a certain type of event is generated?
    The need would be to build rules alerting specifications.

Waiting for a reply, thank you for your availability.

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:21 PM

All replies

• I have a subscription to the service cloud system center advisor.
    The service works fine, but I can not understand how it is managed system alerting.

I was able to activate an option that allows the sending weekly emails containing the summary of all the events generated.
    Is there a way to make sure that the email is sent every time a certain type of event is generated?
    The need would be to build rules alerting specifications.

Waiting for a reply, thank you for your availability.

Hi Marco,

You need to use the Microsoft System Center Advisor Connector for Operations Manager to accomplish this. This connector was just announced at MMS 2013. The connector is still in preview. Basically the adviser alerts would be raised in SCOM and then you can receive an email from there.

Here is the connector:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38199

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

• Proposed as answer by BuchatechMVP Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:57 AM
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:57 AM