Outlook - Meeting Notification RRS feed

• Question

• I have access to book and accept meeting request sent to my boss.  In order to keep track of his meetings when scheduling I have to schedule in my calendar and invite him (so we both have it).  The problem is he doesn't want to get notifications when i book these meetings.  

How do i book a meeting, invite him, but no notification is sent to him?

Also, does the notification change if he receives an invite from someone outside the company. I need to make sure i can see his meeting request even i'm not invited.

I hope this makes sense.  Thank you

Monday, December 11, 2017 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Lperez,

It seems that your boss don't want to receive any meeting notification and you are involved to deal with all incoming and outgoing meeting invites.

If that is the requirement, we can do the following settings to achieve the goal:

• Set you as delegate in Boss's side.
    • You can direct create meeting request in Boss's Calendar add invite yourself in To field.

To set delegate permission, please do:

1. In Boss's Outlook client, go to File > Account Settings > Delegate Access
    2. Click Add to select your account from Address Book, click OK.
    3. Set delegate permission to Editor for Boss Calendar folder, click OK.
    4. Select "My delegate only" if the Boss don't want to receive any incoming meeting request notification. The recommended setting is the first one "My delegate only, but send a copy of meeting requests and responses to me". 
    5. Click OK to save all settings in Boss side.

Then you have been configured as a delegate for the Boss. You can do the following to schedule a meeting for Boss in your Outlook:

1. Go to Calendar view, in the Manage Calendars group, click Open Calendar > Open Shared Calendar.
    2. Click Name to select your Boss account from Address Book, click OK to open it.
    3. Right-click one date in Boss Calendar, select New Meeting Request.
    4. Also add your name in To field, edit the meeting and send out the schedule.
    5. Then this items would be created in Boss's Calendar without notification and you are also invited.

Hope it helps. Anything unclear about the steps above, feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:26 AM