none
Resource Availability data in OLAP Cube does not match Project Data (Server 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a problem where, when looking at cube data, resource availability basically drops to zero for all resources after a certain date (in the future).  However, when viewing availability in PWA, everything is correct.  All projects are published.  Our cube builds successfully and we have rebuilt with various date ranges and even deleted old cubes and created a new one.  HOWEVER, our nightly cube build does _not_ work (we have to build it manually) and my suspicion from researching this issue for a few weeks now is that we have queue or timer job issues - specifically (perhaps) that the 'ApplyResourceCapacityTimeRangeJob' isn't running (or isn't running correctly).  When I view Server Settings -> Manage Queue Jobs, I do not see any entries for the "Reporting (Resources Capacity Range Sync)" job - successful or otherwise.  I do see the 'ApplyResourceCapacityTimeRangeJob' listed under Timer Job Definitions in SharePoint Central Administration.

Side note: I have many years of IT experience, but this is my first brush with Project Server.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Blake

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Blake,

Regarding OLAP cube build schedule issue , most often problem is timer job associated with specific PWA instance

SharePoint Central admin>>Operations>>Timer Job definations

Project Server 'SharedServices:http://server/pwa' job 'CubeadminSRPjob"

To fix this issue, From OLAP cube build settings page, first disable the periodically schedule option and re-enable the same.

This step will delete and re-create OLAP cube build timer job associated with the PWA

Try to build OLAP cube using periodically schedule option

For the second issue

Check the configuration of Resource Capacity Settings from  Server Settings>>Additional Server Settings

You may force to initiate the job by changing the Schedule time

Ref: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/b42ce950-9667-46ee-b124-a260db8987f3

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:46 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried un-checking and re-checking the "Update Periodically" setting and that doesn't have any effect.  Possibly because that job doesn't exist in the Timer Job Definitions (so the delete fails)?  Either way, it doesn't get re-created when I update that setting.  Similarly, when I changed the time on the Resource Capacity settings in Server Settings>>Additional Server Settings, the new time I entered for that scheduled time isn't reflected in the 'ApplyResourceCapacityTimeRangeJob' Timer Job Definition.  So there seems to be some disconnect between the Project Instance and the SharePoint Timer Definitions.  I'll do these steps again now and see if I see anything in the ULS logs, as I haven't looked for entries specifically related to this.

Blake

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:44 PM