remote ssid RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to write a script that will remotely setup a Wi-Fi network SSID and password on a Windows 10 computer?

What I would like to do is push a SSID and password to the sales people in my organization so I don't have to manually access each computer when the sales person is in one of my branch offices

Thanks

Sam

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• How can a computer connect to the network to get the WPA password when it needs the WPA password before it can connect?

The usual organizational approach to this to use certificates rather than passwords.

(This isn't the right place to ask about this.)

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Bill, thanks for the quick response.

Sorry about posting this to the wrong forum, what would the correct forum be?

To answer your question, I don't want to connect, I just want to populate where this information is stored so that when the sales person gets withing range of the network their laptop is automatically connected

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:58 PM
  • Sorry about posting this to the wrong forum, what would the correct forum be?

Sorry; I don't know. You will have to research that on your own.

As noted, I would suggest researching the proper way to do this (certificates, not passwords).

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:25 PM
  • You cannot remotely set a password for a SID in any simple way. 

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:38 PM