none
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage - Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I am facing problem in IE 7 and IE 8 on windows server 2003. When i tried to open www.google.com i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. rediff.com, facebook.com are working fine. Tried by resetting IE, deleting temp & cookies files, also disabling Enhanced security. Please give me solution on this. 

Monday, August 1, 2016 5:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

your environment (server 2003/win 8) has reached its end of life support.... consider upgrading to the latest versions of windows server....

consider also that later server versions of windows run in an enhance security configuration for IE to help prevent infection... server versions of windows in a production environment should not be used with a browser to casually surf the web or install downloads.

You can try

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Trusted Sites Icon, 'Sites' button, remove any public access websites like google, facebook, microsoft etc from your trusted sites list.... mmm the Trusted sites zone actually has a lower security integrity (eg. unsigned ActiveX controls are allowed)... generally, and especially on server versions of windows, you should not need to place public access websites in your IE Trusted Sites list, as they should be designed to work with the default client Internet zone security settings.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

I want to confirm that have you tried another browser and made the test? Such as Chrome or Firefox, did these 3<sup>rd</sup> browsers have the similar issue?

In addition, since windows server 2003 extended support ended on July 14, 2015, you can try other server and test this problem.

https://www.microsoft.com/en/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/default.aspx

Also you can try Rob’s advices and check the result.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

We haven't heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 8:53 AM