Computer not reporting in WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• I accidentally deleted a Windows Server 2012 R2 computer from my WSUS environment. It has since returned, but it says 0% for Installed/Not Applicable Percentage and Not Yet Reported for the last Status Report.

I have tried using the wuauclt /detectnow and /reportnow commands

The computer showed back up in my WSUS this morning (about 5 hours ago) and I am just waiting for it to report. 

Is there something else I can try?

Friday, October 6, 2017 7:26 PM

All replies

• have you restarted windows update service? if possible reboot the server.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 9:20 PM
  • Manoj,

I have tried restarting the 'WSUS Service' Service and also rebooted the server multiple times.

Friday, October 6, 2017 9:27 PM
  • FYI - WSUS version is 6.3.9600.18228.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hi, check if you have 2919355 already installed on client. It updates the client to latest version

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/949104/how-to-update-the-windows-update-agent-to-the-latest-version

Friday, October 6, 2017 11:06 PM
  • Hi, check if you have 2919355 already installed on client. It updates the client to latest version

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/949104/how-to-update-the-windows-update-agent-to-the-latest-version

I do believe I have the up-to-date Windows Update Agent. This was working fine 3 months ago (I do quarterly synchronizations on a connected WSUS server and transfer the updates over to a disconnected setup).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think an update from April 2014 would fix this?

Monday, October 9, 2017 3:41 PM
  • And I just checked and confirmed it was installed
    Monday, October 9, 2017 3:48 PM
  • are you able to get updates directly from internet? Is it possible to point your server directly to internet.
    Monday, October 9, 2017 8:07 PM
  • Hi ,

>>The computer showed back up in my WSUS this morning (about 5 hours ago)

I have seen similar behavior .

Please try to remove that server from WSUS server , then , clear the SUSID for that agent .

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-WSUS-Authorization-2e26d1b0

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:38 AM
  • net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
    rd /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution"
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow

Run the above from an Admin Cmd Prompt. If that doesn't fix it, the issue may not be with the client, and may be with the server (yea, I realize you wouldn't think that, but it's possible).

Have a peek at my Adamj Clean-WSUS script. It is the last WSUS Script you will ever need!

http://community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/2998-adamj-clean-wsus

What it does:

1. Add WSUS Index Optimization to the database to increase the speed of many database operations in WSUS by approximately 1000-1500 times faster.
    2. Remove all Drivers from the WSUS Database (Default; Optional).
    3. Shrink your WSUSContent folder's size by declining multiple types of updates including by default any superseded updates, preview updates, expired updates, Itanium updates, and beta updates. Optional extras: Language Packs, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, Embedded, NonEnglishUpdates, ComputerUpdates32bit, WinXP.
    4. Remove declined updates from the WSUS Database.
    5. Clean out all the synchronization logs that have built up over time (configurable, with the default keeping the last 14 days of logs).
    6. Compress Update Revisions.
    7. Remove Obsolete Updates.
    8. Computer Object Cleanup (configurable, with the default of deleting computer objects that have not synced within 30 days).
    9. Application Pool Memory Configuration to display the current private memory limit and easily set it to any configurable amount including 0 for unlimited. This is a manual execution only.
    10. Checks to see if you have a dirty database, and if you do, fixes it. This is primarily for Server 2012 WSUS, and is a manual execution only.
    11. Run the Recommended SQL database Maintenance script on the actual SQL database.
    12. Run the Server Cleanup Wizard.

It will email the report out to you or save it to a file, or both.

Although the script is lengthy, it has been made to be super easy to setup and use so don't over think it. There are some prerequisites and instructions at the top of the script. After installing the prerequisites and configuring the variables for your environment (email settings only if you are accepting all the defaults), simply run:

.\Clean-WSUS.ps1 -FirstRun

If you wish to view or increase the Application Pool Memory Configuration, or run the Dirty Database Check, you must run it with the required switch. See Get-Help .\Clean-WSUS.ps1 -Examples

If you're having trouble, there's also a -HelpMe option that will create a log so you can send it to me for support.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    http://www.adamj.org

Friday, October 13, 2017 3:47 AM