none
Distribution of work - Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I face this issue couple of times, though i have correctly had calendar set to work 8 hours a day.

When i create plan , say first task has 2 days working from 16-May-2017 to 17-May-2017. Now when i assign a resource

start and finish change to 16-May-2017 to 18-May-2017. When i go to resource usage view it distributes work in following way

16 - 7 hours, 17 - 8 hours, 18 - 1 hour.  I can go and change in the view the work field to make it 8, but my question is where am i going wrong.

Thanks

pm

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There are a couple of settings to check in your case. First, go to file/options/general and change the date format to show date AND time. If your project calendar if set to 8hrs/days:

• Check that the resource calendar have the same working hours
    • Check that the working time are equal (ie the day starts at 9am for example)
    • Check also in the project information the project start date and time. The time should be equal to the start of the working date in project calendar.
    • Check finally in file/options/schedule that the default start time is correct

Note that setting those parameters correctly will not retro-update your schedule/tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Mac_cs Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:21 PM