Forward meeting invite as icalendar through outlook was not working on particular meeting invites - Error message : There is no enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs and then try again RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All , 

In my environment i am facing an issue where majority of the users was not able to forward the particular meeting invite as as icalendar .When they try to perform that action the following error messages will happen in the both online and offline mode.

Exchange Version : Exchange 2013 CU18

Error message when outlook running in online mode : There is not enough memory to perform this operation .

Error message When outlook running in cached mode : There is no enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs and then try again

Troubleshooting Steps that i performed in my end .

1.Error message occurs in both online and cached mode .

2.Error message occurs in safe mode as well .

3.Error comes even though all the plugins was stopped.

4.Created new profile .

5.Error comes irrespective of OS versions  and outlook versions .

6.No similarity between the end users.

7.It happens on particular meeting invites .

8.Moved mailbox to a different exchange database .

Note : When i check the problematic meeting invite properties through MFCMAPI tool i have seen the following values present in the below snap .What does it meant by that ? To make this work did i need to tweak anything on the property available on the given snap for the problematic meeting invite  ? Additionally for other working meeting invites i could see the same properties (mapi_e_not_enough_memory & mapi_e_not_Found) but those meeting invites are working fine when we forward it as an icalendar. Was there is any size limitation for the mention properties has exceeded on the problematic meeting invites ?

Checked with the registry fixes which is given by Microsoft which is not fixing our issue .Please let me know did Microsoft has release any patches or workaround to fix this issue .

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2329201

Please let me know if you need any other inputs from my side.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Friday, February 2, 2018 10:05 AM

Answers

• Hello all , 

Here is the fix which we had performed at our end to overcome this issue .

When the meeting organizer do the frequent exceptions (i.e change/modify) in the recurrence meeting invite it will add the hidden attachments to the original meeting invite and that is by outlook design .

We had used the MFCMAPI tool to delete the hidden attachments by using the below mentioned steps .

Root Container - > Top Information store - > calendar -> Open Contents Table ->Select the appropriate message -> Display attachment table -> Deleted all the attachments which is not with the file name value -> Restarted outlook -> Then forward as icalendar (both for occurrence & series ) started to work .

Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hello All , 

Can someone shed light on this case ? why we are getting this error message when we attempt to forward the particular meeting invite in outlook as the icalendar ? 

Apart from the previously provided information , Please let me know if you need any other information's from my side ?

As per my knowledge this error message seems like where outlook is trying to process some bulk data but it finally ends up in the error message but i am not sure what exactly could be cause in that meeting invite .

Friday, February 2, 2018 1:49 PM
  • Hi Nithyanandham,

From the description of the thread, It looks like you are using Outlook User Interface.

This forum only handles the issues regarding Outlook VBA Object Model.

So for better response and better solution for your issue, i move this thread to Outlook it pro discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Hello MS Team ,

Am i missing anything in my troubleshooting or this is a kind of know bug in outlook 2010 and 2016 which will appear when i attempt to forward the specific meeting invite as the icalendar .

Outlook 2010 : 

Error message when outlook running in online mode : There is not enough memory to perform this operation .

Error message When outlook running in cached mode : There is no enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs and then try agai

Outlook 2016 : 

The operations failed .The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error .If the problem persists , Restart outlook.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Hi Nithyanandham,

>> majority of the users was not able to forward the particular meeting invite as as icalendar .

By "majority of the users", do you mean the others in the same environment are able to forward the meetings as icalendar?
    Have you checked if there are any similarities among the particular meeting invites? For example, are they recurring meetings? Are they created on some certain computers running a particular version of Outlook?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:06 AM
  • Hello Yuki Sun , 

Thanks for your reply .Please find the answers for your question.

By "majority of the users", do you mean the others in the same environment are able to forward the meetings as icalendar?

There are two recurrence meeting invites where all the users was not able to forward it as icalendar .All the users users were able to forward other recurrence meeting invite successfully without any issues.

Have you checked if there are any similarities among the particular meeting invites? 

Yes the two meeting invites are recurrence meeting

Are they created on some certain computers running a particular version of Outlook?

Currently the organizer of the meeting is running with outlook 2016 .Probably they would have used the outlook 2010 in the past .May be at that time these meeting invites would have created .

Was there is way to find out on which outlook version a particular meeting invite is created ? Is there is any way in MFCMAPI tool to find out the outlook version ? 

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:01 PM
  • Hi Nithyanandham,

Based on my knowledge, I am afraid it is not feasible to find out the outlook version where a meeting is created. We can find out the creation date of meetings by adding a Created column in List View of Calendar:

Then you may confirm with the organizer of the recurring meetings to see if they were using Outlook 2010 at that time.  

Not sure is the issue is related to the Outlook version on which the meeting was created. But if the two problematic meetings ware both created in Outlook 2010, I'd like to suggest to try recreating a new series of meetings to check if it can work probably. If yes, we may cancel the old ones for the forwarding as icalendar feature to work as expected.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Hello all , 

Here is the fix which we had performed at our end to overcome this issue .

When the meeting organizer do the frequent exceptions (i.e change/modify) in the recurrence meeting invite it will add the hidden attachments to the original meeting invite and that is by outlook design .

We had used the MFCMAPI tool to delete the hidden attachments by using the below mentioned steps .

Root Container - > Top Information store - > calendar -> Open Contents Table ->Select the appropriate message -> Display attachment table -> Deleted all the attachments which is not with the file name value -> Restarted outlook -> Then forward as icalendar (both for occurrence & series ) started to work .

Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:25 AM
  • Hi Nithyanandham,

Thanks so much for sharing!

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Friday, February 16, 2018 1:19 AM