Merceanaries 2 install windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I need some help. I bought merceanaries 2 and it wont install. i have windows 7 64-bit. i check microsoft windows 7 compatibility and it says merceanaries 2 should work. Is there something extra i need to do? Thank you
    Monday, May 3, 2010 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In Windows 7 Compatibility Center, Mercenaries 2 is compatible with Windows 7 64bit. You should be able to install it. Do you encounter any error message during installation? Have you tried to install Mercenaries 2 in Windows Compatibility Mode?

To run your game in Compatibility Mode:

1.     Right-click the game's desktop shortcut icon and choose Properties.

2.     In the Properties Panel, click the Compatibility tab.

3.     Place a check in the Compatibility Mode checkbox.

4.     Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2/3) in the mode box.

5.     Click Apply to save your changes.

Moreover, Windows Firewall can cause problems playing online and running games, you can temporarily disable Windows Firewall to install games.

BTW, to solid troubleshoot this kind of issue, it is recommended to contact Mercenaries for support as well.

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, May 10, 2010 1:18 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:11 AM

All replies

• There are a couple of things that will help get you answers.

1. Does the game manufacturer have public forums where you can ask questions? If so, that would be a great place to discuss your issue. Here's a link to the Armor Games forums:

http://armorgames.com/community/

2. When you ask in any forum, please provide as much detailed information as you can about the problem. For example, when the install failed, did you get any error messages? If so, you should quote them exactly. Which edition of Windows 7 are you using? Any additional information you can provide about the failure will improve your chances of getting helpful answers.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

In Windows 7 Compatibility Center, Mercenaries 2 is compatible with Windows 7 64bit. You should be able to install it. Do you encounter any error message during installation? Have you tried to install Mercenaries 2 in Windows Compatibility Mode?

To run your game in Compatibility Mode:

1.     Right-click the game's desktop shortcut icon and choose Properties.

2.     In the Properties Panel, click the Compatibility tab.

3.     Place a check in the Compatibility Mode checkbox.

4.     Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2/3) in the mode box.

5.     Click Apply to save your changes.

Moreover, Windows Firewall can cause problems playing online and running games, you can temporarily disable Windows Firewall to install games.

BTW, to solid troubleshoot this kind of issue, it is recommended to contact Mercenaries for support as well.

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, May 10, 2010 1:18 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:11 AM