none
How to create a Price Index Graph which is not a straight line between Bottom axis members RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a price index line graph which shows years on the bottom axis but atually graphs the monthly or weekly points within the year.  I don't want the month/week to show on the bottom axis but I do want the graph to show monthly/weekly variations during the year.  In other words I don't want the graph just to show a straight line between 2007 and 2008 but to vary according to montly or weekly variations during the year.  Any Ideas?

Monday, July 21, 2008 10:52 AM

Answers

•  

This is not possible with the product today - sorry.  I will add this as a feature suggestion.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:35 PM

All replies

• Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this, but it sounds like what you want is a scatter graph. That isn't supported as a chart based on an Analysis Services data source.

Have you tried a pivot chart or a ProClarity data source?

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:59 PM
  •  

No it is a line graph that I am trying to produce, conceptually like the graph here http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/movers_index_dow.html

as you can see the line is graphing points at daily frequency but the bottom axis displaying roughly qarterly. 

In my case I want to only display years on the bottom axis but I want the line to show monthly or weekly points.  It seems to me that I can select only year for the bottom axis in which case it draws a straight line from the value at the end of one year to the value at the end of the next year.  Or I can select month in which case it plots the mothly point but displays every month name along the bottom which looks horrible.

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:53 PM
  •  

This is not possible with the product today - sorry.  I will add this as a feature suggestion.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:35 PM