Cannot RDP after I established VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have a home computer that I connect to work by establishing CISCO VPN. I can RDP to my home computer from anywhere outside and it works fine. Once the VPN is established to work from my home computer I cannot RDP to my home computer from anywhere. Aftet VPN is established I do see a new IP assigned. I have tried using the new IP for RDP but still cannot get to my Home computer after VPN established. Just want to know what could be the reason.

Thanks

Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:21 AM

Answers

• Are you able to telnet on port 3389 when VPN is established? I guess, you wont be able to do so because as you said, when VPN is established your system is assigned a new IP address so old IP is not reachable.

If you want to enable remote, then connection should be routed via VPN and not directly you system

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:01 AM