none
Security Compliance Manager v2 Beta - GPO Imort - Export to SCCM DCM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have imported a few of our GPOs that are applied to the entire domain into SCM v2 Beta without isse.  When I go to export it, it forces me to 'Associate Product with GPO' even though these GPOs are applied to all Windows OS in our domain.  With this association, when I then import the cab file in the SCCM 2007, it associates this Configuration Item with only a specific OS/SP level even thought the GPO targets all OSs.

Is there a way to export the imported GPO baseline without creating that association so that it will check against all OSs?

Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hey there! Thanks for helping us with the SCM v2 Beta!

DCM doesn't support a "product-less" DCM Config Pack - thus we force you to "associate" an imported GPO against a product so that we may properly export it to DCM's format. GPO and Microsoft Excel don’t have such requirements, so those work fine. SCAP’s format also requires a product, so an association is also required there.

SCM *currently* does not have a way to "associate" a baseline with more than one product, which it sounds like what you are asking for, right? Currently this is a limitation within the tool that a baseline may have only one association with a product. I'm afraid the only way around this that I know of is you manually add more applicability references within the DCM Config Pack's XML. Sorry about the trouble!

-jeff

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:26 PM