How to add nested groups in Persistent chat rooms RRS feed

• Question

•            
    I tried to add nested groups into chat room but getting "invalid members" error. I can add normal group. any one know is this a behavior of chat room? can you give us some Microsoft links for reference ?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Monday, February 19, 2018 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please give us more information about "nested group"?

I will share a document about Lync PChat memeber ship, please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398730(v=ocs.15).aspx

Here is also a similar case describes the powershell command to add users to Persistent Chat room

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/042cb82f-b116-4589-b5e9-604ca5c97f68/add-25-members-to-a-persistent-chat-room-powershell-formula?forum=lyncpersistentchat

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:10 AM
  • Nested group means, distribution group with another distribution group as a member.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Hi Johnpaul,

Thanks for your response.

I have seen similar case, the issue is that Distribution group missing from Allowed members category, please try to add the Distribution group as well as OU in allowed members list for default category

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Monday, February 26, 2018 10:40 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:55 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 10:39 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, March 5, 2018 9:17 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2018 10:07 AM