Strange mouse cursor in text boxes RRS feed

• Question

• My customer was doing some dev work and changed the regional settings, language and Keyboard layout to Polish and a few other languages to test their app. When complete, they changed all the settings back. Now when they put the cursor in a text box they do not get the I-beam cursor, but either a thin vertical line with a short line on the top right or a thick vertical line. If they put the cursor in a search box on Bing or Google the cursor appears correctly. They are running Win7 Enterprise on a Dell laptop. They went to Control Panel-Mouse-Pointer and pressed the Reset Default but that did not help. When the user logs into a different device the cursor behaves as expected.

How do they get the cursor back to normal?

Thanks,

Steve

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this behavior just happened recently, please test if System restore can work for you.

This issue can be caused by incorrect configuration or corrupted system files.

Try my suggestions of System restore, for further help, post back the screenshot to clear your question.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:41 PM