Virtual PC 2007: Slow login process RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a Dell Latitude D520 with 2GB of RAM and 2 NIC's (Broadcomm and Dell Wireless).  For some reason or another, when I try to run various Virtual machines the boot process once I have logged into Windows is excessively slow.  This only seems to happen when I am using my wired LAN card.

When I use wireless it works flawlessly.  Unfortunately in my office I do not have wireless connectivity, so I am relegated to using the wired LAN.

Does anyone have any suggestions what might be the cause of this slow boot problem?  I have tried searching the web for this, but I have not come across any similiar issues.  This problem occurs whether I am using a newly created VM or if I try one that was previously created.

Here are some HW Specifics:

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller (Driver version 4.37.0.0) I have also tried the updated driver as well.

Windows XP SP2

All VM additions have been applied.

Any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:22 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Joe, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Virtual PC related issue. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Virtual PC  newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.virtualpc&lang=en&cr=US

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:23 AM
  • I am trying to find a news group for virtual PC.  It's like finding a needle in the haystack.  Your link takes me to the news group, but I can't post.
    Monday, July 7, 2008 2:29 AM