Adding a Signature to a shared Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added a shared mailbox in Office 365. I've set the permissions as Send As

Send As: The Send As permission lets a user impersonate the shared mailbox when sending mail. For example, if Kweku logs into the shared mailbox Marketing Department and sends an email, it will look like the Marketing Department sent the email.

So now I have 2 Mailboxes in Outlook and all is working fine. However when I send a new mail from the Shared Mailbox or reply to one sent in the signature of the default mailbox is added. There is no option in the Options Mail Signature dialogue in Outlook to select the shared mailbox.

To use the above example what I want is for the email or reply to come with a Marketing Department signature not Kweku's signature.

Should be easy - looks impossible.

Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>>There is no option in the Options Mail Signature dialogue in Outlook to select the shared mailbox.
    As I know, signature in Outlook is saved locally and not synchronized. So I am afraid it is normal that you can only see your own signature when sending a new mail from the Shared Mailbox.
    To come with the Shared Mailbox's signature, you may need to add the signature to your computer manually, please follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the storage location of shared mailbox signature
      Default location: drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures
    2. Copy all the files related to signature to same location on your computer
    3. Restart Outlook client

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 3, 2020 6:58 AM
  • Have a look at this tool: RightFrom - it does exactly what you want.
    Friday, April 3, 2020 2:48 PM
  • The best software to signatures I know is https://www.codetwo.com/email-signatures/

I recommended this solution as a service.

Anyway:
    CodeTwo Microsoft Partner

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP - www.VBATools.pl
    if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:16 PM
  • Hi Something went wrong and your search couldn't,

Signatures are one of the many features in Outlook that only work for the accounts that have been added normally, by using credentials, etc.. Shared Mailbox is mapped to your mailbox when you're granted with certain permissions on it that makes you a delegate, then it appears in your Outlook. That's why you cannot link a signature to it when added this way.

Other than the 3rd party solutions mentioned, you have two options:

Regards,
    Burak V.

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Stoker Saturday, April 11, 2020 8:07 AM
    Saturday, April 4, 2020 5:36 PM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:33 AM
  • Hi ,

How is everything going?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:30 AM