Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) is it possible to scale? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

I am using Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMAN) on an 4K display. Now I don't want the remote servers to be more than 1920x1080. At the same time I need them to bu scaled to fully fill the client area. Is it possible to scale without changing resolution? I can't find it in the menu and wasn't google lucky either.

In TeamViewer there is such option for example.

mrMad-Cat with respect.

Saturday, June 30, 2018 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As there only virtual test environment by myself, I am unable to re-produce it. below is suggestion and just for your reference:
    Right click the system on your RDCM, select Properties. Then:
    1. Select Remote Desktop Settings tab, un-select Inherit from parent, select Custom and manually enter 1920 * 1080.
    2. Select Display Settings tab, un-select Inherit from parent, select Scale docked remote desktop to fit window and Scale undocked remote desktop to fit window.

Save the change and check the result. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 2, 2018 9:51 AM
  • thank you for your answer. it is the first thing I suggested myself. only it doesn't work as we would suggest. I can't even understand the meaning of this scaled docked and undocked window. Anyway it has no effect on the clients area view. (

mrMad-Cat with respect.

Monday, July 2, 2018 10:36 AM
  • First you need to disable display scaling on high DPI settings directly on RDCMan.exe, see picture below:

Then try to set Remote Desktop Connection Manager like this: 

And inherit settings for all servers. 

Best Regards,

Kamil

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

• Proposed as answer by Kamil Olah Friday, January 31, 2020 3:25 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2020 3:20 PM
  • Worked like magic for me. THanks a lot!
    Friday, July 10, 2020 9:12 AM