none
Analysis Services on Application Server RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying Project Server 2010 in a multi-tier topology.

Business policy does not allow Analysis Services to be installed and configured on the SQL Database. Can I install it on the Application Server, tier-2 in a 3-tier topology? or tier-1 in a 2-tier topology?

Thanks,
    Callistus

VergeOn Callistus Lucien He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors - Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:08 PM

All replies

•  

Yes, you can if you have sufficient hardware configuration to support additional load on selected server.  What will be the usage of AS, only for PWA OLAP or are you planning to use this AS using other applications as well?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for responding. For now it will be primarily for PWA OLAP. It will be a small implementation, but I am still concerned that the client only wants to do a 2-tier and every service will end up being on the front-end server!

VergeOn Callistus Lucien He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors - Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:16 AM
  •  

Thomas,

For small data set there will not be a big performance problem due to Analysis Services, over the period of time you may need to start thinking about moving AS to separate server if PWA data growth is exponential

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:23 PM