POS Ready 7 compatibility with Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having a very unusual problem occur, when my POS software is running and I click on show desktop on the taskbar nothing occurs. It will not minimize the software and go to the windows desktop. I can walk over to another terminal and the feature will work no issues.  If I exit the software and log back in, the feature works but again it will stop responding intermittently and occurs on all the units I have deployed. The other issue I am seeing is, I have set the Show Windows Stacked option to be able to have a window take priority over my software when I click on tips. This feature will stop responding at the same time the show desktop stops working.

I am running POS Ready 7 and they are all connected to a Windows server 2003. Is there any compatibility issues between the two? My systems are all up to date with Windows updates and have loaded the latest .Net Framework.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:14 PM

All replies

• Can you check what processes are running to see if something is taking resources?

You mentioned connecting to Windows Server 2003. Does not being connected make the software run smoother?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:30 AM
  • Thank you for the response. The software is running smooth, its just the anomaly of show desktop that is not responding sometimes or that show windows stacked will revert back to unstacked. I did check to see if any services are taking huge resources, they all look within normal parameters.
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:28 PM