Checking for corrupted DNS entries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Been advised to contact FOPE to check for corrupt dns entries on my office 365 exchange domain (Plan P1)

I had contacted office 365 support as some senders are getting a undeliverable message of "No MX or A records for pcassistathome.co.uk."

The reply I got was

"Since you mentioned you used the domain in 1&1 before, I suggest you contact FOPE to check if there are some corrupted DNS records about the domain. If so, please let them help you deleted the corrupted DNS records."

Can anyone here check this for me or advise how I can get it checked?

Many thanks

Darren Rose

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't exactly understand what you mean.

So you have registered your domain pcassistathome.co.uk. at 1&1. Here is a manual about setting the DNS settings in the controlpanel of 1&1 for the use of O365:

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/de-de/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549200.aspx

It's in german but the relevant steps are mentioned in english.

Was this your question?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:25 PM
  • My question was:-

I am a office 365 - exchange P1 plan customer

Some people sending me emails have been getting error as I originally posted

I spoke to office 365 support and they told me to check with FOPE as per the information I copied and pasted from their reply - not much else I can tell you really - just doing what they suggested I do

I don't speak German so not much use to me - and DNS has been configured as it should be and checked, most emails come through, just some get returned to sender with "No MX or A records for pcassistathome.co.uk."

Darren Rose

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Hi,

when I check your domain everything looks configured right for O365.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#dnsReport/type=domain&&value=pcassistathome.co.uk&&

Maybe there is only a problem when other O365 customers are sending you an email that's when the internal DNS servers of FOPE become relevant.

Try to conatact FOPE support under the given numbers in the following article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2787.forefront-online-protection-for-exchange-fope-faq.aspx

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:43 PM
  • Thanks Christian - yes I thought it looked all okay too

All of the customers who have had emails bounced back when sending to me are NOT O365 customers - they are just various home internet email addresses such as @btinternet.com etc

I had assumed if DNS was actually an issue then most if not all messages would fail that were sent to me and most work - so must be a different cause - think O365 support were just fobbing me off with the easiest excuse

Never had these issues with 1&1 exchange - perhaps I will have to move back to them as need reliability for my business

Thanks for link - will contact them via the online form

Darren Rose

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:51 PM