Multiple instances of iexplorer appearing in task monitor that have not been initiated by me RRS feed

• Question

• I initially noticed that my browser history log had lots of sites that I have not browsed. These were relatively benign looking sites such as argos and financial services.

I run Windows 7 32bit home, IE 10 and Security Essentials. A complete system scan has not highlited any issues, also scanned wth Spybot S&D and Sophos, with no issues detected that have relevance to the problem.

Looking in task manager I notice that instances of internet explorer appear and close periodically and it is these instances that appear to fill up my history. These instances do not appear within the desktop or show any icons at the bottom of the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on and how I could go about fixing it.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you installed any software or add-ons for your computer recently?

Antivirus id more desired to block malicious software from running on a computer than to remove it after infection. Here is recommend you to check your computer with Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Too.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:47 AM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you installed any software or add-ons for your computer recently?

Antivirus id more desired to block malicious software from running on a computer than to remove it after infection. Here is recommend you to check your computer with Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Too.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:47 AM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 5:35 AM
  • I just ran Kaspersky antivirus and seems removed the virus which was rovnixgen.C

Thanks!

Sunday, February 9, 2014 2:31 AM