UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME STOP 0x000000ED ****Can't fix***** RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a Dell Latitude X1, with Windows XP (Pro I think)

After turning it on, it gave me the BSOD with  the Unmountable Boot Volume problem. *sigh* I've tried to load XP in normal, safe, last functioning one, etc.... but none of them work.

I don't know where my original XP CD is, and my netbook doesn't have a CD drive. :/

I've loaded into BIOS, but don't know where to enter the chkdsk function.

I'm starting to think that my hard drive is gone to a better place, please don't tell me so... :'(

The Error message: STOP:  0x000000ED (0x83FCEC08, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'd certainly appreciate some help and advice! Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:58 AM

Answers

• you cant run chkdsk option unless you can boot from a WINxp cd and choose to repair the OS. check the BIOS to see if your netbook supports USB boot option.if it does, then u need to get an external CD/DVD drive. i think your hard disk is still in order,at worst...a clean OS install will do the trick
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Marked as answer by halpme Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:01 PM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:34 AM

All replies

• you cant run chkdsk option unless you can boot from a WINxp cd and choose to repair the OS. check the BIOS to see if your netbook supports USB boot option.if it does, then u need to get an external CD/DVD drive. i think your hard disk is still in order,at worst...a clean OS install will do the trick
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Marked as answer by halpme Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:01 PM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Lame.

Although I will open 'er up and see if there are any loose connections, before I start buying CD drives and XP copies...

Thanks for the help. I sure hope my data is intact. :/

Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:01 PM