Server 2003 stuck in boot loop RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell PowerEdge T310 running Windows Sever 2003 that is stuck in a constant boot loop. I assuming it was due to last minute push of windows updates before the end of support. What are my options to end boot cycle and successfully continue to utilize my existing OS?
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If there was a backup created before the issue occurs, a recovery will be the fastest way to get it back to work.

For troubleshooting, test if you can boot into Safe Mode. If so, it could be caused by a driver update - test to uninstall devices in Device Manager one by one with a reboot to confirm if it will work.

Please noticed that you need to find a suitable driver before uninstalling incase the device stopped working. 

Also you can collect minidump and upload to OneDrive. We can help do a quick analysis. However please understand that it will take time in troubleshooting such an issue on forum. As Windows 2003 is retired, it is still recommended to upgrade to a supported system. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 19, 2015 3:17 PM