BizTalk Management 2010 MP Backward Compatibility Question RRS feed

• Question

• A client of mine has a question about why the BizTalk 2010 Management Pack Guide formerly claimed to support Biztalk 2006 R2 in both English and French, but now only supports BizTalk 2006 R2 in French.

My thoughts are that the BizTalk 2010 Management Pack only supports BizTalk 2010.  I think this might have been a typo in the MP guide, because we can no longer find it the one stating that it supports 2006 ENG online.  But it does seem odd that the 2010 MP would support 2006R2 in French only.

Last October, the architect at my Client copied and pasted this from the Biztalk 2010 MP Guide:

Supported Configurations

Generally, the supported configurations for BizTalk Server 2010 Management Pack are outlined in the following locations:

BizTalk Server 2010 Management Pack supports the following BizTalk Server versions and their associated locales.

Versions

Supported

BizTalk   Server 2010 (English and French)

Yes

BizTalk   Server 2009 (English and French)

Yes

BizTalk Server 2006 R2   (English and French)

Yes

All   other BizTalk versions and locales

No

The Current Biztalk 2010 MP Guide States:

Supported Configurations

Generally, the supported configurations for BizTalk Server 2010 Monitoring Management Pack are outlined in the following locations:

BizTalk Server 2010 Monitoring Management Pack supports the following BizTalk Server versions and their associated locales.

Version

Supported

BizTalk   Server 2010 (English and French)

Yes

BizTalk   Server 2009 (French only)

Yes

BizTalk Server 2006 R2 (French   only)

Yes

All   other BizTalk versions and locales

No

The BizTalk Server Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 R2/2007 SP1 is designed to monitor only BizTalk Server 2010.

What is the deal?

-- Ron Williams http://www.r0nwilliams.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:44 PM