none
Will not load Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Here is my problem. We are imaging a variety of new machines in our environment with our Windows 10 Task Sequence in MDT. Lately we have been having trouble getting our team who image the machines for the environment the ability to start the image. When they boot into Winpe they are prompted to enter their credentials but afterwards it will not load the TS. Some times it provides and error stating "Gathering not complete. Ini file not found". Other times it completes the gathering but it still will not load it. As the engineers it usually works for us but some times it does not. We've cleared MINIT folder, formatted drives, provided our team with Admin rights on our deployment share server and provided them with Full Control to the deployment share folder. I have copied the CustomSettings.ini to the %SCRIPTROOT%, verified that other ini file information correct. I would like to note that 3 of our newer models that exhibit these issues are SSD's. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated this issue has been killing me.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:17 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the help. It turns out I was making a newbie mistake. I was incorrectly providing access, I would give them Full Control of the Demployment Share Folder instead of selecting "Share With". Thanks for the help.
    Monday, April 11, 2016 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi

What version of MDT are you running?

What are in the bbd.log file when it fails??

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:38 PM
  • MDT 2013 Update 2. Just to be clear the image never starts to fail if that's what you mean.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:59 PM
  • In the WinPe - if you press F8 when it failes then you can see in the bbd.log what goes wrong.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Checked the BDD logs and I think this is the cause. "Customsettings.ini could not be found in any standard locations". I read something online stating to move the ini file to %SCRIPTROOT% directory and try. I am going to test this now.
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Hi

Customsettings.ini  has to be in the deploymentshare\control

Kind regards

Per Larsen
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:30 PM
  • Thanks for the help. It turns out I was making a newbie mistake. I was incorrectly providing access, I would give them Full Control of the Demployment Share Folder instead of selecting "Share With". Thanks for the help.
    Monday, April 11, 2016 2:28 PM