Lost the ability to receive emails in Outlook 2016 Client from people outside of my domain address RRS feed

• Question

• Last Friday somehow I lost my ability to receive emails in Outlook 2016 from people outside of my work domain address. It seems that I'm the only one impacted.  When people sent me emails they got an error message that said my address doesn't exist.  Undeliverable...Your message to ....couldn't be delivered. XXX wasn't found at XXX.com.  There was all these options to fix it on the sender and receiver side, but I really wasn't sure where to start and I was just thinking it couldn't be this complicated. My email worked one day and then the next it stopped working.

SherWeb is our Office 365 reseller and they said our emails were pointed to send directly to GoDaddy which is our domain hosting company. But when I called GoDaddy they said they could see in the DNS history last Friday something was updated such that our emails were no longer being sent to Office 365 exchange directly, but instead were going to ihostexchange.net which is an old SherWeb server. Basically neither company seems to have an answer so I'm asking here.

Is there some setting or something I can check on Office 365 Exchange Admin page which I have access to or is there something I can reset so my email works as it did for the last 6 months without ever having to deal with GoDaddy or SherWeb at all?

Friday, November 3, 2017 12:44 AM